Governor of Massachusetts (R)
· President and CEO of the Salt Lake Organizing Committee.
· In 1984, Mr. Romney founded Bain Capital, one of the nation's most successful venture capital and investment companies. Bain Capital founded, acquired or invested in hundreds of companies including Staples, Bright Horizons Family Solutions, Domino's, Sealy, Brookstone, and The Sports Authority.
· From 1978 to 1984, Vice President then CEO of Bain & Company, Inc., the Boston-based management consulting firm.
Governor Romney has been deeply involved in community and civic affairs, serving extensively in his church and numerous charities including City Year, the Boy Scouts, and the Points of Light Foundation.
· He received his BA with Highest Honors from Brigham Young University in 1971.
· In 1975, he was awarded an MBA from Harvard Business School and was named a Baker Scholar.
· In 1975, he also received his Juris Doctorate, cum laude, from Harvard Law School.
Governor Romney, 58, and his wife, Ann, have been married for 36 years. They have five sons (Tagg, Matt, Josh, Ben and Craig), five daughters-in-law (Jen, Laurie, Jen, Mary and Andelyne) and eight grandchildren.
More about Gov. Mitt Romney